Search This Blog

Sunday 8 April 2012

Bobbi Brown Gel Eye Liner In Chocolate Shimmer Review


This is the best eyeliner I have ever used. Hands down. I've decided to dedicate a post to it since I have just received it in the post (I'm so excited).
I decided to purchase this product because I heard Pixi2woo on YouTube raving about how she loves this product but in the colour Black inc, I've also been looking for an amazing brown eyeliner for everyday use rather than a black. I wanted more of a precise line and something that was easy to work with. After further research into the product, I decided to splurge (I believe it costs £16.50) - although I purchaced the item off BuyaPowa (also recommended by Pixi2woo) which is an online shop which gives you discounts on all things beauty and scincare . So I believe I purchased this item for about £11 plus P&P. After the first use I knew instantly this would be a holy grail item.




Here's what I LOVE about this eyeliner:

Texture: It's a gel, so it is pretty lightweight and thin in terms of consistency. However, at the same time, it's also very creamy. The consistency is SO easy to work with, I've used it about 7 times now and it barley dented. It also doesn't dry too fast or stay wet for too long. I have the perfect amount of time to manipulate the eyeliner into the shape I want without it drying too fast! It goes on sooo smoothly!


Color: "Chocolate Shimmer" is the perfect brown. It does not turn grey or black like some other brown eyeliners. There are tons of other colours I would love to try (i have been eyeing "ivy shimmer ink" for a while now). The pigmentation is really amazing: one swipe gives me rich color.

Staying Power: This stuff does. not. budge. Seriously. I apply it in the morning and by the end of the day, the rest of my makeup might be creasing and melting away, but not this eyeliner. It stays on until I take it off and it has never smudged. It is also incredible on the waterline and tight-line.


Quality/Price: Initially the price doesn't seem like much to me but to a lot of you it may seem a but pricey. You get 0.10 oz for £16.50. The thing is, this little pot will last you forever! That is a millions of uses, right? So i would say the price was most definitely worth it. 

What I dislike about this eyeliner:

The only thing about this eyeliner that may put you off is it may dry out quicker than you expect. That isn't a problem for me because I close the lid really tight when I use any product and if your eyeliner does dry out just blow some heat onto the eyeliner and it should melt a little and become more durable to use.







What do you think? Do you have any favourite eyeliner?
If so, comment below! 


3 comments:

  1. Perfect review, kisses, RA

    http://www.mysweetpeque.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I havent tried using a gel liner yet.. Thank you for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! cool review!
    http://natcosmetics.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete